In Reading Workshop, we will continue to read about changes. Children will continue to explore our unit questions: What is changing in our world? Book bags will be sent home four times this week. (Monday-Thursday). Please make sure the book bags are returned daily.
In Writing Workshop, we will finish up our How-To books and we’ll start Expert books next week. We will continue to read many expert books. We will also learn to listen to our inner voice when reading nonfiction books. We will make charts about what we think we know and what we learned.
Question of the week:
Why are changes exciting?
Arrive, crumple, depart, location, route, stampede, swoop, tumble
Word Wall words:
Away, car, friends, house, our, school very
Ending es, plural es, and r controlled or, ore
Theme: Every story has one big idea. You can use things that have happened in your own life to help you understand the big idea of a story.
In Math, we will learn how to:
· Use addition and subtraction facts to solve “What’s My Rule?” problems.
· Find and describe rules in “What’s My Rule?” problems.
· Count Forward and backward from a given number.
*Things to practice at home:
· Counting coin combinations including pennies, nickels, and dimes.
· Time to the nearest hour, half hour and quarter hour.
· Tying shoelaces.
· Simple addition problems.
Browny our class bunny needs a home during Spring Break. Please let me know if you’re able to take care of him for one week. Thanks!
BLOG away! Feel free to add comments and questions.