The next upcoming assessment will be DIBELS. This will take place on Friday, June 3rd at 10:20. Please let me know if your child will not be here during this time.
Children will take their End-of-Year writing prompt on Wed. & Thursday, June 1st and 2nd.
* Writing Prompt 6/1 and 6/2 at 9:05
* DIBLES Friday 6/3 at 10:20
* Field Trip to SPRING LAKE Monday, 6/6 at 9am-2pm (Bring a lunch, warm hiking clothes, rain gear, hiking/shoes (no flips)
*Field Day: Monday June 13th 1:00-3:00 (need sneakers)
Field Trip to SPRING LAKE:
Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering. I will need 3 parent volunteers. We will be hiking string lake and having a little picnic in the park or in town. We are planning on leaving the school at 9am. Thanks!
We will wrap up our last Scott Foresman unit. This week children will be playing around with the prefixes (un and re). We will be doing a class word hunt. We will also focus on theme, the big idea of the story.
High Frequency words: poor, carry, answered, brothers, different
Reading homework: Please have children read for 20-30 minutes a night. Thanks!
In Math we will:
· Estimate differences between pairs of 2-digit numbers.
· Solve problems involving the addition or subtraction of 2-digit whole numbers.
· Read temperature and relate them to hot, warm or cold events.
· Count forward by 10s or 100s from a 2 or 3 digit number.
· Read, write and model with base 10 blocks multi digit whole numbers through hundreds.
· Express the value of digits in a multi digit number.
· Create and solve number-grid puzzles.
BLOG away! Feel free to add comments and questions.